How to Withdraw PF Amount Online? 6 Easy Steps!
Did you know if you are not employed for the last two months after leaving your last job, you can withdraw your provident fund or PF online? Yes, after a long hiatus, the EPFO has finally activated the online PF withdrawal form. You can now access your EPF balance, pension benefits, and partial EPF balance online.
These benefits are available via the UAN (Universal Account Number) member portal of the EPFO website. Before withdrawing this PF amount online you will be required togenerate uan number. At the time of the job, this UAN number will be generated by your employer. After this every individual associated with EPF can access the UAN website using his/her UAN number and password.
With the over the web PF withdrawal facility available, you need not go to your employer or EPFO local office and waste your time and efforts while seeking to withdraw PF. If you can fulfill some conditions, your PF withdrawal form will be processed digitally.
What are the Benefits of Withdrawing PF Online?
- UAN members can now withdraw their own money using their EPF account by sitting in their homes and no need to waste your time. All that you need to do is – fill the PF withdrawal form
- No intervention of employer or district PF officer
- The entire process is digitized which means faster processing when you fulfill some pre-decided conditions
- The online PF withdrawal process will take only a few hours
- You won’t need to submit any supporting documents to withdraw your PF online and your self-declaration is enough
What is the Eligibility for EPF Clearance?
- Date of joining and date of exit of the UAN member should be available in the database of the EPFO. These data are submitted by the employer
- A member should not be working anywhere covered under the PF act
- You can apply for the online withdrawal of the PF only after two months of leaving your employer
How to Withdraw PF Amount Online?
You can now easily withdraw PF amount online by following some easy steps such as:
- Step 1
Visit the UAN member portal which is a useful website designed for UAN centric EPFO services that deals with all the information regard your UAN number.
- Step 2
Once you are on the UAN website, log in with your existing UAN number and password. You can reset the password if you forget it. You will get a One-Time Password or OTP to authenticate that it’s you, you need to enter the OTP and set a new password.
- Step 3
You need to check and ensure that the KYC status such as your Aadhaar is approved and linked to your UAN. You can go to – Manage – KYC to check the status. Once you have given your consent to the UIDAI to share your Aadhaar details with the EPFO, then the authentication has ended the approval by the employer.
- Step 4
Go to the link – Online services in the UAN website dashboard which gives you more services. You can submit your KYC details and change the nomination. It also lets you download the UAN Card and view the service history.
- Step 5
The next step is clicking on the ‘Claim Form 31, 10C and 19.
- Step 6
The final step is the authentication of the Aadhaar. You will receive an OTP on the mobile number associated with your Aadhaar. After the successful submission of the OTP, you will now fill the EPF withdrawal claim form. Once you fill and surrender the form, a claim confirmation copy in the PDF format is given to you. You can keep it with you safe for future reference purposes.
Some Vital Points to Note for UAN Members
- Your PF money will not be credited into an account other than the registered bank account as notified by you to your employer. To use this EPFO services you will need to change the bank account number if your previously registered account is closed. It is possible only via the employer
- Your Aadhaar registered mobile number should be active for the authentication purposes
- Your EPFO database must match with your Aadhaar database
- In the case of any discrepancy, you won’t’ be able to process your online PF withdrawal
- In all such cases, you will need to go through the tiring and long offline method like earlier to get your PF amount
Now that you are aware of the steps on how to withdraw PF amount online, you can follow it and avail the facility.